5.11.13

country side


dry lands


rolling hills


gathering clouds


windswept trees


resting horses


wild flowers


showered in morning dew


Black sand beach was very peaceful with a lotus pond on one side and ocean on the opposite side. 

As we drove through Big island the terrain kept changing quickly without any caution. We didn't expect to see as many dry lands with shrubs and rolling hills of grass, as there are green forests. We also came across many kinds of tiny wildflowers that we haven't seen before.


Finally, my souvenirs from the trip. .  cotton fabrics from a Japanese shop called Dragon Mama in Hilo which had a great selection of teas and tea sets and small section of fabrics and other home goods from Japan. With so many pretty things around, I found it hard to limit my purchase to just these two cuties. ( ^ _ ^ )

Thank you for cheering me with your sweet comments! Kalyan and I are very happy to share our memories of this trip with you!

4 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Thank you for sharing with us. Beautiful pictures. I have a "thing" for clouds and your picture of the windswept trees, the clouds are just magnificent .

Abby and Stephanie said...

Hawaii definitely has unexpected terrain and the weather can change in an instant too. Your photos capture that beauty. Very sweet souvenirs.

Candace said...

It's cold and rainy and dark here today, Pratima, but now after seeing your wonderful photos, I'm beginning to warm up! I love the breathtaking views on the Island and the black sand beaches are so different! What adorable pieces of fabric and so you! I'm sure some fun things will come from them!
Cheers!

pieceplay said...

What beautiful photos of extraordinary landscapes.
thanks for sharing.