Valentine's day is almost here with pretty chocolate boxes in mouthwatering flavors tempting at every turn. I got to thinking about making a cute candy of patchwork kind with our own favorite fillings and shiny wrappers that won't disappear in a matter of seconds but are safely satisfying.
A short tutorial if you are also in a chocolate mood :)
Candy block size = 2.75" square.
Choose a fussy cut center ( a ) - cut 1 square - 1. 5".
choose background ( b ), candy wrapper (c ) - cut 1 of each, 1. 5" square.
background (d ) - cut 4 rectangles - 1. 5" x 1 1/8" wide.
background (e) - cut 2 squares - 1 1/8".
Make 2 Half square triangles with b, c. Trim to size 1 1/8".
( steps to make Half square triangle block is in the above photo )
For a snowball like center piece..
* Cut 2 squares from background ( f ) = 3/4"
* Take center square ( a ). Place ( f ) on opposite corners.
* Draw a line from corner to corner diagonally. Sew on this line.
* Trim the edge leaving 1/4" seam allowance. Press corner piece to outside.
* Now follow the above photo and sew the pieces together one row at a time, pressing seams toward ( d ).
* Sew top row to center row, press seams open.
* Now sew the last row to the center row, press seams open.
* Enjoy your colorful candy!
I don't know if a pattern for this block already exists, I just made this out of a whim and I hope the measurements are correct. I did test them on two blocks, if there is a mistake or a typo, please forgive me ( ^ o ^ )
♥ Have a Happy day! ♥