5.9.14

apples are in season



We already see leaves turning yellow here, that made me think of sewing these apples for a baby quilt.I opted to paper piece them to get the right size for sashing.. they are only 2 inches.  And a cute apple tree fabric found in my stash to complete the theme! Don't you love these bunnies playing hide 'n' seek or enticing with yummy apples, both green and red!


A friend sent me this yellow fabric with tiny flowers. I love how it became a bright spot for this quilt bringing back memories of her. If you look closely, there are also piggies in striped shirts wanting to say hello to you  ^ o ^

So glad to be here with a patchwork project after a long absence! Hope your summer has been tons of fun with more time for sewing than I did ( ' v ' )

Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Too cute!

Unknown said...

Great to see you back, Pratima, with such gorgeousness! Love, love, love your apple quilt!! Your handmade creations are my inspiration.

Have a stitchy kind of weekend♪♪♪

Candace said...

Oh, my, gosh - my favorite fruit in and absolutely delicious baby quilt! I can see baby have lots of laughs and giggles with this wrapped around at nap time!
Cheers!

Ella and Nesta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ella and Nesta said...

Lovely to see your work again! I adore this quilt, a pretty story to discover inside it! The paper pieced apple: is the stem embroidery? I'm not sure from the photo.