8.12.09

Joseph's coat

I’m imagining a spring quilt just when the winter whites are setting in.

It all started when Kellie at Don’t look now proposed a quilt-along of Joseph’s coat pattern. And this pattern sings spring to me with its delicate petals.

…since there are so many of them, prepping the petals while happily munching on a chewy gooey ginger cookie seems like a perfect way to fritter away these chilly afternoons.

I think it’s going to be a scrappy quilt with whatever I could find in my 30’s pile but also lots of dots.

The inspiration for this quilt is Eileen’s adorable dolly quilt that I came across many months ago and it quickly went into my must-do ‘some day’ list. Everything Eileen creates is so sweet and charming. Each stitch she puts in is so perfect in its place. I’m in awe to say the least!

Thank you so much, Eileen (* u *)

In spite of my eagerness, this pattern always appeared too daunting to attempt on my own. But Kellie’s instructions are so detailed that I’m feeling a bit more hopeful about my tryst with appliqué.
Thank you Kellie for all the time and efforts you are putting into this lovely quilt along.
Appreciate it so much!

It’s that time again when you must be busily finishing off pretty little presents for near and dear… Happy holiday crafting!
Have a wonderful season filled with delights of snow-flakes and candy canes ( ' v ' )

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just love seeing the fabrics everyone is choosing for their Joseph's Coat quilt. Whether bright and bold or soft and sweet, the fabrics are all perfect. Your quilt will be sweet with the 30s and lots of dots.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

You know I have one of these started too. I love it so much but I need to finish mine. Eileens is darling. But yours is going to be fantastic. I love it. What a great project to work on right now. Sweet!

Lily Boot said...

OOoh I do love your fabric choices! So many of your sweet prints live here in Bootville too! :-) Your Joseph's coat will be so very beautiful - enjoy your cosy winter.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I have to admit I am not familiar with this pattern, but I love the fabrics you have chosen and will enjoy following your progress.

Ann Champion said...

I love the fabrics you've chosen for your Joseph's Coat!
I saw the quilt along posted and didn't sign up for this one due to too many other things going on right now. I look forward to seeing your quilt! :)